Tech-Air® is the world’s first self-contained street airbag system that independently functions without the need for sensors to be installed on the bike and the subsequent need to link a specific motorcycle to the airbag system used by the rider. This means that Tech-Air® offers the freedom to ride any bike on any surface at any time.
Offering instantaneous, high-pressure inflatable protection Tech-Air® gives the rider comprehensive protection in a crash by covering the full back, shoulders, kidney areas and chest. The Tech-Air® street airbag is incorporated into a specially designed vest, which is then attached within and used in conjunction with a compatible jacket. For the initial airbag launch offering there are two jacket models available – the Valparaiso for Tech-Air® touring jacket and the Viper for Tech-Air®street jacket – allowing the Tech-Air® System to be used, interchangeably, in all weather conditions.
The Tech-Air® Street System has been designed to be used in conjunction with airbag-compatible outer jackets with for the launch includes the Valparaiso For Tech-Air® Jacket and the Viper For Tech-Air® Jacket.
- PC compatible software (No current Mac compatibilty) allows for updating of firmware and triggering algorithms
- Fully enclosed ACU (Airbag Control Unit) is seal-protected within the vest's CE level 2 back protector
- One gyroscope and one accelerometer housed inside ACU
- One additional accelerometer on each shoulder
- Lithium ion battery with approximately 25 hours of use when fully charged
- One hour of charge time yields four hours of ride time
- Comprehensive protection of back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen
- Argon inflator charges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard
- Internal airbag tethers used to control final deployed shape create less bulk than a chambered design and allow for quicker inflation
- Nylon-6 airbag material is lightweight and breathable
- Airbag inflates in 25 milliseconds and remains fully inflated for 5 seconds
- Installs easily in Tech Air Street Vest compatible gear with VELCRO® brand fastener and YKK zippers
- Once the jacket is zipped, the system checks to ensure you are riding and arms itself within 60 seconds
- When the system detects a crash, the airbag will be fully deployed within .025 seconds
Note: The Tech-Air Street Airbag System is ONLY COMPATIBLE with riding gears that are Tech-Air Street Compatible. It is NOT compatible with riding gears that are Tech-Air Race Compatible. An extra $50 will be included in the price to ship the vest as dangerous goods, and may take up too five days longer to receive.